How D’it Get This Late
The album includes the critically acclaimed previous single How’d It Get This Late, as well as title track Dark Soul. Each track on the album combines elements of jazz, soul and world music to create a sound that is truly majestic. Anoushka’s rich, warm vocal soars effortlessly over the jazz-infused musicality, creating a sound akin to the likes of Norah Jones or Laura Mvula. The album takes the listener on an emotive journey, with each song picking up where the last left off. Anoushka elaborates, “the songs follow the cycle of falling in love and slowly falling out of love, the beauty of those moments of connection and the pain of those moments of disconnection. There are also two songs that came from the band – these songs are more outward looking (Dark Soul and Black Smoke) and more to do with the state of the world around us”.
Anoushka (vocals/piano/guitar) is a singer, songwriter, theatre composer and performer. She has sold out gigs at Pizza Express Dean Street, The 606 and Servant Jazz Quarters with her combination of storytelling charm, soulful vocals and experimental sounds. In 2014, Anoushka began collaborating with Martin Terefe (bass), Glen Scott (keys) and Karl Brazil (drums) who, between them, have worked with the likes of Coldplay, KT Tunstall, Beverly Knight and Mary J. Blige to name but a few. Anoushka’s music has been championed by Jazz Fm, where she was picked as an opening act for their inaugural Love Supreme Festival in 2013, and by Jamie Cullum as his “pick of the festival” at Cheltenham Jazz Festival in 2017.
Dark Soul is out on later this year via Trip.
Catch Anoushka live on the following dates:
- 18th February: Pizza Express Live, Holborn – Tickets
- February 22nd: Tom Odell Brits Week support slot in association with War Child
- February 25th: New Music Monday, The Ned
- April 13th: Cotswolds Town Hall, Cotswolds.
- April 14th: The Brunswick, Brighton
- April 15th: Crofters Rights, Bristol
- April 17th: Peggy’s Skylight, Nottingham
- April 28th: Duke of Cumberland, Whitstable
- May 2nd: The Underbelly Southbank, London –Tickets
- May 9th: Pizza Express Live, Birmingham