Share New Video For Lead Single “December”
Yumi Zouma have unveiled the new video for their lead single, “December,” from their new album, Willowbank, which is out now on Cascine. The video was filmed in and around Yumi Zouma’s hometown of Christchurch, New Zealand.
With Willowbank being Yumi Zouma’s first significant work written and recorded entirely in their home country, the feeling of rootedness is undeniable Being connected to their origins on the bottom of the earth allowed the band’s members, Christie Simpson, Charlie Ryder, Josh Burgess and Sam Perry to craft another essential chapter in the Yumi Zouma storybook. The “December” video brings it to life – list of locations where the video was shot is included below.
“December” Video Filming Locations:
- The Brae – the street Charlie Ryder grew up on.
- The Arts Centre.
- Christie Simpson’s parents’ warehouse.
- Three Boys Brewery – where Christie’s boyfriend brews beer.
- Office awaiting lease, old High Street Post Office building.
- The Tannery, Woolston.
- Antony Gormley sculpture, the Arts Centre.
- UN Peace Bell, Christchurch Botanic Gardens.
- Cunningham House Conservatory, Christchurch Botanic Gardens.
- Inside the Christchurch Art Gallery – Te Puna o Waiwhetu.
- Outside the Christchurch Art Gallery – Te Puna o Waiwhetu.
- Port of Lyttelton.
- Supreme Supreme.
- The airbridge, Christchurch Art Gallery.
- The elevator, Christchurch Art Gallery.
- The Avon-Heathcote estuary.
- Christie’s family home.
- Sawtooth Studios – where Willowbank was recorded.
- Alice in Videoland.
- C4 Coffee Roasters.
- Former home of artist Bill Hammond & former Masonic Lodge, Lyttelton.
- Christchurch Botanic Gardens.
- Ara Institute of Canterbury (formerly known as CPIT) – where Christie studied.
- The Vault, Alice in Videoland.
- The foyer, Christchurch Art Gallery.
- The Arts Centre.
- Canterbury Street, Lyttelton.
- C1 Espresso.
- Corner of High Street and Tuam Street.
- Worcester Street.
- Charlie’s family home.
- Ara Institute
- Civil & Naval, Lyttelton.
- Loft Furniture & Homeware – Christie’s parents store.
- Rapaki Jetty, Lyttelton Harbour.
- 36. Darkroom bar – our home ground, our practice space, our favourite place to play.
Listen to Willowbank singles:
“December” – https://soundcloud.com/cascine/yumi-zouma-december
“Depths (Pt. I)” – https://soundcloud.com/cascine/yumi-zouma-depths-pt-i
“Persephone” – https://soundcloud.com/cascine/yumi-zouma-persephone
“Half Hour” – https://youtu.be/0uK50CB6-mY
Praise for Willowbank:
“Perfect pop” – NPR Music
“Their best yet” – Gorilla Vs. Bear
“Gorgeously produced” – The FADER
“Masters of wistful exhilaration and melancholy drift” – Stereogum
“Sun-smooched vocals, shuffly indie percussion, and guitar chirrups make it effortlessly summery, and it’ll be just as at home on the dancefloor as it will be soundtracking tranquil afternoons in baking heat.” – The Line of Best Fit
Spotify – http://bit.ly/willowbank-spotify
iTunes – http://bit.ly/willowbank-itunes
Cascine – http://bit.ly/willowbank-vinyl
Bandcamp – https://yumizouma.bandcamp.com/
Yumi Zouma online: