UK FESTIVAL EXCLUSIVE
TO RETURN TO THE ISLE OF WIGHT FESTIVAL
British rock icons confirmed to headline
Saturday 11th June
Only UK Festival appearance of 2016
“They just looked like the coolest live band…There’s nothing like that band in rock music” –Tom Morello
British rock icons The Who are heading back to Seaclose Park on the Isle of Wight for the fourth time in the band’s history to headline The Isle of Wight Festival, it was announced today.
Roger Daltrey, Pete Townshend and their live band, which includes Zak Starkey, Pino Palladino and Simon Townshend, will be bringing their globally successful Hits 50! tour to the island for their only UK festival performance of 2016
on Saturday 11th June, with a spectacular live show resplendent with hits including ‘Won’t Get Fooled Again’, ‘Baba O’Reilly’, ‘The Seeker’, ‘Pinball Wizard’, ‘Who Are You’ and ‘My Generation.’
The band first played The Isle of Wight Festival in 1969 and 1970 (the latter was immortalised in Murray Lerner’s well known ‘Message to Love’ documentary film), and then again in 2004 – the same year that David Bowie also headlined, his last ever UK live performance. Richard Ashcroftis confirmed as special guest to The Who on the day, performing tracks from his new solo album ‘These People’.
Festival boss John Giddings says: “The Who are part of the fabric of The Isle of Wight Festival, and it’s great to welcome them back to the island as part of their ongoing 50th anniversary celebrations. We’re proud to have a line up of home-grown headliners to help celebrate our own 15th anniversary and ensure that this year delivers yet another unforgettable weekend of music.”
The Who and Richard Ashcroft join a ‘Best of British’ line up which includes headliners Queen + Adam Lambert, Stereophonics and Faithless, on what is the same weekend as the Queen’s 90th birthday.
· Weekend with/without Camping – £195
· Student – £175
· Teen – £145
· Children under 12 – free
· Disabled Access – Must be purchased via the Ticketmaster Special Access number 0800 988 4440
- Camp Kerala Mademoiselle provide Luxury Glamping backstage with room service and VIP transport
- Tangerine Fields – Turn up and find your tent already pitched plus Tangerine Bar and Cafe and grooming facilities
- Eve’s Tipis – Try something different and stay in a tipi, plus enjoy cocktails or champagne from the bar or some hot breakfast options to start your day right
- Podpads – Bunk down in the colourful Podpads with solid wood or canvas options
- Love Your Tent – enjoy an ethical camping experience plus hot showers and a Poodle Parlour!
- Pink Moon Camping – Choose from a colourful collection of accommodation and enjoy your weekend with a unique camping experience!
A variety of travel options including ferry, speed boats, river crossing, Big Green Coach Company and National Rail can be viewed on the festival’s website.