It’s almost time for that must needed weekend of mud, music, comedy, galaxies and all things Nozstock. From Friday 24th – Sunday 26 July , Bromyard’s Rowden Paddocks Farm will reopen it’s quintessential grounds after another hard working year of constant organizing, planning, booking, promoting and building for their 17th annual Nozstock festival.
Sticking to their rural and local roots, the 3 day festival is set to welcome the right balance of local and national talent, provided by the family run team behind the event they effortlessly unite festival goers from across the country. When you’ve experienced Noz you realize why this is such a cherished event with its own unique amalgamated community.
Having already announced an outstanding line-up which features Wu Tang Clan, Martha Reeves & the Vandellas, Fuse ODG, Neville Staple Band, Beardyman, Hollie Cook, Molotov Jukebox, Will and The People, By The Rivers, The Computers, Electric Swing Circus, Beans on Toast, Skinny Lister and many many more- this is already THE festival of the year.
With only a week to go we are continuing our special installaments which will end the day before Noz begins. In our special Nozstock Artist Feature we take a closer look at all the talent playing and introduceour readers to each act in a more personal manor; as we talk to the musicians to find out more about their musical endeavors, their live sets and what we can look forward to from them during the weekend.
Continuing our next Nozstock special we introduce you to local talent Raptor. Raptor are a ridiculously powerful and promising duo hailing from Herefordshire. Consisting of brothers Kurt Fletcher on lead guitar and vocals and Adam Fletcher on drums and percussion, together the pair bounce off one another and create a unique blend of honest psychedelic hard hitting blues rock. Raptor are performing next Friday on The Bandstand stage at 3pm and frankly you need to check them out. We were lucky enough to find out more about their forthcoming Noz experience.
- Please introduce yourselves and your role within the band- How long have you been playing and performing live?
- What was it that first got you to pick up your instruments- and then to write your own compositions and direct your creativity?
- How did you form and where did the name come from?
- How would you personally describe your own sound in one word?
Kurt: If we had to squash a huge variety of sounds into one word I guess it’s just rock and roll at the end of the day.
- What do you think you each bring to your live performances, sell your showmanship, sell us your sets.
- What is it that you personally get from your performance?
- How would you describe the reception to your presence?
- Is there a particular track that you all just love to play?
- What can we look forward to from your live performance during the festival?
- Is there an artist you can’t wait to see at the festival, if so why?
- Is this your first Nozstock experience?
- What else are you looking forward to from this years Noz?
- This years theme is ‘Nozstockers Guide to the Galaxy’- will you be participating with a sci fi look? Or performing a special GttG related track?
- What makes a festival special to you?
- Give us some festival advice – what one thing would you urge everyone to bring with them for this weekend?
- Enlighten us to what can we look forward to from you in the future- many other plans set for the rest of this year, be it touring, recording, releasing etc?
Kurt: I’ve recently got hold of a Lap Steel which I will start to introduce into the set soon, we’ll be throwing it through some crazy effects to upset all of the Lap Steel ‘purists’ – ha!
- And Finally any last words from you?
After Nozstock, our next headline show is at the Victory in Hereford on 31st July. We’ve got a load of dates over the summer and on early autumn across the Midlands and the South. You can check out gigs, news and other updates via www.raptorliveandloud.co.uk
Now you’ve discovered a fantastic act from the incredible line-up get excited to hear more. If you haven’t already got tickets what are you waiting for?
www.nozstock.com / @Nozstock