Punk Goes Pop Vol. 6 set for release on 17th November
Google+ Hangout w/ State Champs, Knuckle Puck and Set it Off – Thurs @ 00.00 GMT
The opening track from Fearless Records’ forthcoming new volume of the Punk Goes Pop series is a cover of Paramore’s ‘Ain’t It Fun’, as interpreted by Tyler Carter of Issues and Luke Holland who’s the drummer in The Word Alive. Luke says “Tyler asked me to do the track with him. We’ve done collaborations in the process, & the combination works. Recording was simple; I tracked drums in about an hour first, then Tyler did vocals afterwards. We just vibed off of each other.” The choice, both of the track and of Luke to collab with, was easy for Tyler – “I chose Ain’t It Fun to cover because it’s such a timeless song to me right now. I can’t get it out of my head and with the soul that went into that song, and the tempo and groove I felt like Luke and I would be able to do what we do best. I hope people don’t mind my rendition in how it alters some of the feel of the song, I just want to express it in the way it makes me feel.“
Set for release on November 17th, the pre-order options for Punk Goes Pop Vol. 6 are available at www.PunkGoes.com. This site will also play host to a Google + hangout with State Champs, Knuckle Puck and Set It Off on Thursday night at midnight GMT.
Fearless Records also joined forces with avid YouTube star, Jarrod Alonge to put his comedic touch on the Punk Goes Pop Vol. 6 announcement, featuring an appearance from We Came As Romans. Check out his video below.
Punk Goes Pop Vol. 6 Track List:
1. Tyler Carter (Feat. Luke Holland) “Aint It Fun” (originally performed by Paramore)
2. August Burns Red “Wrecking Ball” (originally performed by Miley Cryus)
3. We Came As Romans “I Knew You Were Trouble” (originally performed by Taylor Swift)
4. Upon A Burning Body (Feat. Ice-T) “Turn Down For What” (originally performed by DJ Snake & Lil Jon)
5. Set It Off “Problem” (originally performed by Ariana Grande Feat. Iggy Azalea)
6. Crown The Empire “Burn” (originally performed by Ellie Goulding)
7. Oceans Ate Alaska “Drunk In Love” (originally performed by Beyonce
Feat. Jay Z)
8. Youth In Revolt “Royals” (originally performed by Lorde)
9. Volumes “Hold On, We’re Going Home” (originally performed by Drake)
10. Knuckle Puck “Chocolate” (originally performed by The 1975)
11. Slaves “Sweater Weather” (originally performed by The Neighborhood)
12. State Champs “Stay The Night” (originally performed by Zedd Feat. Haley Williams)
13. Palisades “Happy” (originally performed by Pharrell Williams)
ABOUT PUNK GOES…: The Punk Goes.. series has sold 900,000 albums and 6 million singles in just over a decade and is the top selling compilation in the alternative genre. Prior volumes include Punk Goes Pop, 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5, Punk Goes Classic Rock, 80s, 90s Vol 1 & 2, Punk Goes Crunk, Punk Goes Acoustic 1 & 2, Punk Goes Christmas, and have featured hit bands such as A Day To Remember, The All-American Rejects, Rise Against, Pierce The Veil, All Time Low, Sleeping With Sirens, Asking Alexandria, Taking Back Sunday, Thrice and more.