Triple Crown Records and Favorite Gentlemen Recordings are proud to announce the forthcoming release of II, the sophomore album from Bad Books, set for release October 9th. The band, a collaboration between Kevin Devine and members of Manchester Orchestra, will take their new material on the road this October (tour dates below). Fans of the Bad Books can hear an early preview of the forthcoming album in ‘Forest Whitaker’, the first song off the new record.
Stream ‘Forest Whitaker’ at RollingStone.com
II was recorded at Favorite Gentlemen Studios in Atlanta, GA and was produced by Devine, Manchester Orchestra’s lead singer Andy Hull, and Bad Books/Manchester Orchestra guitarist Robert McDowell. Rob Schnapf, well known for his work on Elliott Smith’s seminal recordings XO and Either/Or, leant his talent to mixing the album. II expands upon the bands well received self-titled debut, which won praise for the unique “union of opposites” in Hull and Devine’s songwriting explored on NPR’s All Things Considered.
This October Bad Books will tour the across the south and west coast in support of the new album. Fans can participate in a ticket pre-sale at badbooksmusic.com with the option to purchase a bundle that guarantees them a copy of the limited edition red vinyl pressing of II and a digital download of the full album on release day, October 9th.
Upcoming Tour Dates:
- 06 – Seattle, WA – Neumos
- 07 – Portland, OR – Doug Fir Lounge
- 09 – San Francisco, CA – Bottom Of The Hill
- 10 – Los Angeles, CA – Troubadour
- 11 – San Diego, CA – The Irenic
- 12 – Phoenix, AZ – Crescent Ballroom
- 14 – Austin, TX – Austin City Limits Music Festival
- 16 – New Orleans, LA – Parish @ House of Blues
- 17 – Birmingham, AL – Zydeco
- 18 – Nashville, TN – Mercy Lounge
- 19 – Atlanta, GA – Masquerade – Hell Stage