Widely considered to be the best-kept secret at Secretly Canadian for the first decade of their existence, Joyful Noise began issuing their catalog on vinyl in 2007, and officially signed the band in 2009. Seminal and central to an entire musical community whose tentacles have garnered national recognition and praise, the fact that this band is not better known remains mysterious.
This September we will see the 10-year anniversary of their extraordinary second album “Record In Red” (which, according to Pitchfork, “ranks among the best albums released by Secretly Canadian”). In honor of the occasion Joyful Noise will be reissuing all four of Marmoset’s full-length albums on vinyl (including, for the first time ever on LP, 1999’s “Today It’s You” and 2009’s “Tea Tornado”).
The LPs will be released in a limited edition box set, packaged in a custom-built wooden box, elaborately screen-printed, hand-numbered, and limited to 100 copies. Also included in this box set is (1) an INSTANT download of the band’s entire catalog in high-quality MP3 and FLAC audio, (2) a 40 page mini-booklet containing an extended bio, interviews, anecdotes, and lyrics, and (3) FOUR digital EPs of outtakes from each album (totaling 24 unreleased bonus tracks).
Officially released on September 13, the box set is now available for pre-order for here.
The box set:
- is limited to 100 hand-numbered copies, packaged in a screen-printed wooden box
- contains vinyl copies of all four Marmoset albums, including Today It’s You, Record In Red, Florist Fired, and Tea Tornado
- comes with an INSTANT download of the band’s entire catalog in high-quality MP3 and FLAC audio
- contains a 40 page mini-booklet of lyrics, interviews, and general weirdness from the band
- includes four digital EPs of outtakes from each album (totaling 24 unreleased bonus tracks)